Yeast propagation / Yeast culture
BECA® Yeast Propagation is extremely user friendly and offers the optimum in sterile propagation, flexibility and compactness. The unit is pre-assembled in the factory, which reduces the erection time and effort. A manual plant can be upgraded and automated with Yeast Count Control and visual display without the need for any welding. BECA® uses only top quality process valves, fittings and control equipment which satisfy the stringent demands of sterile and secure yeast propagation.
All necessary valves, fittings and control equipment are included in our scope of supply, so that only eight pipes with welding ends have to be connected to the module. Pressure reducing valves and all the (steamable) sterile air equipment is installed on the module. Inoculation is carried out by means of a 300ml pure culture yeast delivery vessel, without the complexities and problems encountered in the use of a Carlsberg Flask. The responsibilities of the operator are clearly defined.
Our propagation plant is easy to operate with a low labour requirement, offering the benefits of safe, effective and sterile propagation. Please consider these ‘best practice’ benefits and contact us with any questions.
Your at-a-glance benefits of using the Yeast propagation System BECA®:
- Sterile injection with maximum 0.5 l pure yeast, only using the BECA® sterile injecting device
- Absolutely sterile and secure pure yeast propagation
- No more injection with the Carlsberg-bulb, which is difficult to handle and can lead to infections
- Modular design, i.e. manually controlled plants can easily be modified to half or fully automatic plants
- The plant can be run either continuously or batchwise without changing any hardware
- Exact yeast cell dosing
- Efficient improvement of propagating conditions – also during processing
- Installation of special valves, 100% self-draining, no uncleanable edges
- Improved time of propagating
- Very vital yeast cells can be received
- Intensive and exact air supply
- Log-period and Lag-period setting for yeast regeneration
- Absence of dead-legs. Can be cleaned and sterilized inline by local CIP stations
- Easy menu-driven operation and saving of recipes
- Fully automatic processes with balancing
- Individual adaptation of the plant concept to customer requirements